Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Due Date

Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis do a solid job in this crazy road trip comedy. I am actually a pretty big Downey fan and I am not sure why. I just like the roles he takes on and I think he does a great "regular guy." I feel as though I would react the same way and say the same things he does if I were in his character's situation...so I guess I just figured out why I like him :)
Anywhoooo, every couple of years there is a new comedian that everyone wants in their movie. Ever since The Hangover  that person has been Zach G. That means he is bound to be in some terrible movies soon, but this is not one of them. Don't get me wrong, it is no Hangover and I think that is where a lot of the critics get it wrong. They compare it to that movie and don't just critique it for what it is. It is meant to be silly, ridiculous, and inappropriate. The humor in it is a little herky jerky and off-beat. In other words the flow is kind of strange and some parts get kind of serious and then turn ridiculous. But, as I am prone to do, I liked it because of its differences. To me it was the same kind of approach taken in The Other Guys with Ferrel and Wahlberg. Two totally different guys that have to work out their differences and we get to watch the hilarity unfold; only this movie actually pulled it off (as opposed to the Other Guys which in my mind was a string of jokes piled together and turned into a screenplay). If you like both these actors you will like this movie. It gets a B...I rarely give out A's. It is one of the funnier movies I have seen in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Good review. This one seemed really interesting but sometimes it's hard to tell if it's going to be a hit or if it's a miss. Sounds like this is a good one to check out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete